Join Our Team
Perform at your highest potential
Inspire others to do the same.
Customer Experience Specialist
We are on a mission to generate happiness and appreciation by creating rewarding experiences through our businesses - Vancouver Foodie Tours, and Granville Island Delivery Co.
Vancouver Foodie Tours is recognized as one of the world’s top food tour operators by Forbes and TripAdvisor since being established in 2010. We offer fun and delicious experiences that bring people closer together to uncover common ground and broaden perspectives.
Granville Island Delivery Co. creates beautiful gift boxes using artisanal products from Granville Island merchants. We have been recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine, CBC, and Vancouver Sun for our outstanding service in supporting our community throughout the pandemic.
Curiosity and determination fuel our desire to habitually learn, apply and share to activate growth. As a result of our commitment to pursuing excellence, and setting a new standard for thoughtfulness, we are proud to uphold a 99% customer satisfaction rating.
This role will involve working across both brands with a primary focus on Vancouver Foodie Tours over the spring and summer.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate private tour, team building and group booking requests
- Clearly communicate and guide clients on their gifting journey as a trusted advisor
- Responsible for all aspects of customer experience including communication, preparing quotes and proposals for both Vancouver Foodie Tours & Granville Island Delivery
- Gifting vendor & tour vendor/ third party relationship and coordination support
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer industry trends, best practices and business goals with a focus on how team building and gifting programs drive business value and ROI
- Operations support, product ordering, inventory management and shipping coordination
- Administration, customer invoicing, reporting, software and systems troubleshooting
- Product sourcing and continuing to evolve our local product line up
- Packing and fulfillment when needed to support in peak delivery times
What You’ll Have
- Sound experience in corporate and consumer customer service environment
- Solid written, communication and presentation skills
- A proven track record of creating memorable experiences for customers
- Polished presentation to service corporate clients
- Technically savvy and can navigate new software and systems (Shopify or FareHarbor experience an asset)
- Strong administrative and operations experience in a support role
- High emotional intelligence, and awareness of self and others
- Ability to proactively anticipate the needs of customers
- Customer focused and demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external stakeholders
- Resilience and tolerance for change/ambiguity and can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
Who You Are
- Solutions-driven critical thinker and problem solver
- Curious and excited for continuous learning
- Handles pressure with ease
- A collaborator and team player who works well with others to deliver results meaningfully
What’s In It For Me?
- Complimentary access for you and a guest to key attractions, including discounts at hotels, offered through the Tourism Challenge Privilege pass
- Complimentary food tour experiences around the world
- Family and friends discount to Vancouver Foodie Tours
- Eating meetings and professional development workshops
- Fun team-building events to build your culinary prowess and knowledge of Vancouver
- Exclusive staff discounts on Granville Island
If you’re interested - so are we! Send a single email with ALL of the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the following format in the email subject line: Your First Name Last Name: Customer Experience Specialist - Part Time Application 2023
- An explanation on why you’d make a great Customer Experience Specialist (No more than 250 words)
- Which of our Core Values resonates with you most
- Expected hourly rate
Note; The office is located on Granville Island and requires weekend work. This is a part time position. 20 - 30 hours per week with the potential for full time in the high seasons.